Everyone's hardware needs are a little different. You can also check out our hardware page.
The Big Requirements
1. You need a Square Point of Sale. That could be any one of these:
1. Square stand (iPad required), -- We recommend this option as it's the most versatile.
2. Register or We use these in our stores but they are the more expensive option.
3.Terminal (new) These are nice for a second point of sale as it is compact and takes up little space.
We prefer the Square Stand and the Square Register as they give you plenty of screen real estate and the USB hub to plug in a barcode scanner and register if needed. Note: the Register does not run apps like your iPad can but does give you a large customer facing checkout screen.
2. You need a PC or Mac. Inventory entry is best on a real keyboard.
3. Dymo Labelwriter 450 or 450 Turbo.
4. You need labels (if you are creating inventory in Rose + Square and printing barcode tags) - Dymo 30334 is the default label in Rose (2.25 x 1.25), Dymo 30333 (1x1), Dymo 30299 (Jewelry). We recommend www.discountthermallabels.com as they offer color varieties of the 30334 and 30333 labels at a good price. If you are only using Rose to track consignment sales from the register and are not printing labels, you won't need a printer, labels or a barcode scanner. Labels are recommended as they increase speed in ringing transactions and reduce mistakes.
Not required but frequently used